Safety – Do’s
- Ensure all chemicals in trucks & on work-site are in appropriate closed containers.
- All containers should be marked with contents
- All buckets should have their own scoops and you should use a separate set of scoops to transport chemicals
- In the event a chemical reaction occurs, immediately contact your supervisor for instructions.
- Add water to your DE (only DE is applicable) to saturate so that it isn’t breathable.
- Wash your hands after handling all chemicals.
- Pull over before texting if you don’t have hands free device, call if you’re unable.
Do NOT text while driving.
- Do not mix Calhypo with Cyanuric Acid, Tabs, Bicarb, Muriatic Acid, Granular 90, or Yellowtrine
- Do not mix acid with Calhypo, Tabs, Granular 90, Yellowtrine or Bicarb.
- Do not put acid down the skimmer line.
- Acid should be upright in an enclosed container, don’t let it fall over and leak.
- Don’t place tabs in the skimmer, place inside the auto-chlorinator or floater.
- Never breath in DE
- Do not wash salt away into the grass, it will kill the effected area.
- Do not add granular 90 directly to pool, must go through skimmer line (ensure it isn’t the in-floor system.)
- Do not add down the skimmer line.
Never stand downwind from where you’re adding chemicals.
Don’t mix your chemicals up in general to be safe.